Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Connecting to the Echo Plus

I have jumped in on moving to the Echo Plus for the promise of the Echo development arena bringing more innovation to the Smart Home arena. Early on though I ran across an interesting scenario. I was moving 9 of my recessed Commercial Electric zigbee bulbs over to the Echo Plus. First 3 bulbs moved, just fine. Move to the living room with 6 bulbs and trouble hit. Long story of trying various pairings of lights, I appeared to get stuck at a capacity issue of only having 6 zigbee devices connect to the Amazon Alexa Echo Plus device. Brief searches and nothing. So the call to Amazon support.

Turns out a simple fix, relatively. Factory reset the Echo. There is a small pinhole opening on the bottom of the device for you to do this. Just stick a pin in to reset. After having all the devices rejoin again, all 9 of the devices were working fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment